How long will it take 12v 80w Solar panel to fully charge a 100A battery?
Question by kh347247 m: How long will it take 12v 80w Solar panel to fully charge a 100A battery?
Answer by tlbs101
I assume you mean a 100 Amp-hour, 12V lead-acid type battery?
With 12V you can never fully charge a 12V battery. You need a minimum of 13.5V to fully charge the cells. 14.5V would be better. If the battery is low, you can use 12V to bring up the level of charge in the cells, but never to full capacity.
For an 80W solar panel with 12V loaded terminal voltage — that is 6.66 Amps. 15 hours will get a “dead” battery as fully charged as it can be, under the circumstances.
Give your answer to this question below!
Incoming search terms for the article:
- how long does it take to charge a 12v battery with a solar panel
- how long to charge 12v battery with solar panel
- how long to charge 12v battery solar
- how long to charge battery with solar panel
- how long to charge solar batteries
- how long will it take a 100 W solar panel to charge
- how long 100 watt solar panel charge battery
- how long does it take to charge a battery with 100 w sola panel
- how long does 12v 80w solar take to charge
- how long will it take a solar panel to charge a 12v battery